This article is about the Manga version of Phil. For alternate pages referred to by this name, please click any of the icons above.
Phil is first seen getting out of bed and running to get on Emma's back to go to breakfast. Emma then tends to him while eating breakfast. After this, he is only seen being tended to by Emma or running with the other children.
During the arc, it is pointed by Ray that Phil has the highest score on the test among the children, was one of the last five to be captured by Krone during tag and is always asking for where Emma is.
He showed Emma Minerva's Morse Code.
Phil was later told by Emma about the secret of the plantation, but he responded by saying that he suspected there was something odd. He was put in charge of the rest of the orphans when Emma and the others escaped.
After Emma, Ray and the other older orphans escaped, Phil -following Emma's orders- seek to distract Isabella from finding them, as he brought the rest of the orphans.
Phil is shown briefly: he is hown playing with other kids and looking our direction. Phil was shown to be alive and well in a new farm. He updates the audience on the various changes: Carol talking, his test scores improving, everyone getting along, the split up of the remaining children to the 4 other plantations and not knowing mama's fate.
Phil witnesses one of the kids he looks up to "graduate" the farm (his name is Simon). All his siblings are genuinely happy for him but Phil is mortified. He feels terrified and wonders if this is how Ray felt all those years.
Phil is shown thinking about Emma and her situation. A girl asks if he is alright and after a few seconds pass he smiles brightly and says that he is.
The plantation gets a visitor. He approaches Phil and asks for his name. Phil with a terrified expression answers the man. The man (Andrew) tells Phil that he would like to have a word with him.
Phil is mentioned by Andrew to Emma. He tells her and everyone listening that Phil and him had a talk. Emma looks horrified as does Don.
Phil is a child with black hair and blue eyes. He wears white pants and a shirt like all the other boys at the orphanage.
Knowing the truth behind the orphanages, the caretakers, and how the orphans that are shipped out were killed, Phil henceforth considered his new caretaker as an enemy and chose to distant himself from her. As Phil often aced in the orphanage's exams, and how he is often seen in a sad and depressed mood, the caretaker started to grew suspicious towards the toddler and eventually called Andrew to come and investigate as a way to get rid of him.
Phil appeared to be extremely afraid of Andrew. Whilst in Andrew's eyes, Phil is nothing more than one of the many orphans who he referred to as "cattle children". When Phil's new caretaker suspected the toddler and brought Andrew to investigate, Andrew greeted the much surprised and horrified toddler, and asked to have a talk with him. Afterwards, the fate of Phil remains unknown acter his confrontation with Andrew.
- Kaiu Shirai considers Phil as his favorite character in the series.
- Phil's dream when he get into the human world in the future is to ride a steam train.
- The following are Phil's rankings in some of The Promised Neverland's official popularity polls.
- Announced in Chapter 75, Phil achieved the 4th position behind Ray in the Color Illustration Character Poll which was held on The Promised Neverland's official LINE account.
- In Shounen Jump's popularity poll results announced in Chapter 88, Phil is in 7th place.
- In Shounen Jump's 2nd popularity poll results announced in Chapter 102, Phil is in 4th place with a total of 2094 votes.
- ↑ Yakusoku no Neverland Manga: Chapter 11, Page 2
- ↑ The Promised Neverland Manga: Chapter 100, pages 12-13
- ↑ The Promised Neverland Questionnaire #4
- ↑ The Promised Neverland 100th Chapter Commemoration Questionnaire #8