Isabella gave Krone a letter on her being promoted to be a Mama of the forth premium plantation, the letter turned out to be a trick for Isabella to get rid of Krone, as the latter got killed instead. Meanwhile, Emma, Norman, Gilda, Don and Ray planned to initiate their escape in 6 days time.
As the children were preparing meals, Isabella was in Krone's room, as she passed her letter saying it was from the Headquarters. The former explained how the latter is promoted to become the Mama for the forth premium farm, as she wished her farewell. Krone thought of how the offer was too good to be true, as she grew suspicious towards Isabella and her intentions and how the offer might just be a trick to strip her from her role as Grace Field House's Sister. Isabella noticed how Krone was hesitant and purposely questioned whether is she dissatisfied with the offer, whilsts secretly knowing how Krone was well aware of her trick. Helpless in the situation, and how she could not refuse the headquarter's offer if it was really genuine, Krone decided to take the offer as she went to pack her belongings.
Some time later, Phil and Maya joyfully ran to Krone's room to inform her to come down for lunch, Isabella halted the two from entering the already empty room of Krone's as she lied to them on how Krone was "busy with work". Meanwhile, Krone walked briskly towards the gates. At the gates stood the Grandmother, her face was muddled by the inky darkness of the gates as she gave a smile towards a cautious-looking Krone. Krone passed a letter she has written to Grandmother, the latter read its contents and asked whether the orphans in Grace Field are attempting to escape, Krone replied how she lacked evidence to prove her case, as she struggled to convince Grandmother to believe her. Grandmother nevertheless was not concerned with how the orphans are planning to escape, because she believed how Isabella would be smart and capable enough to cease them from doing so. She ended the conversation by explaining how Krone is nowhere as capable as Isabella.
Sister Krone finally admits she has lost. She also then admits that she's been a loser since the very beginning. As she continues, a Demon's hand appears behind her, grabbed her, and prepared to stab her with a Vida. Krone's entire life started to flash before her eyes, as visions of her choosing to become a caretaker, her working through the vigorous training of becoming one, her stealing a pen from William Minerva, and her, just recently, placing that pen inside a drawer so that the orphans can later find and use to escape.
In her final moments, she encouraged the children to escape successfully and survive, as the sharp end of the Vida pierced through her heart, Krone looked up to the sky as she meets her death.
In this chapter we have the following Research Elements:
- 23.1 - Those who run the plantations not only use Vidas to kill orphans, but also anybody, or at least under the Grandmother's commands. This could be shown when Grandmother ordered a demon to kill Krone with a vida.
- 23.2 - Is was revealed that the Grandmother was once a Mama/caretaker working in one of the plantations. This could be seen when she, dressed in Mamas' uniform, was with a young Isabella in her flashback.
- 23.3 - Isabella's Mama who cared for her when she was younger is actually the Grandmother herself.
- 23.4 - Isabella had also attempted to escape the orphanage she was in by climbing over the walls like what Norman did later on in Chapter 29. This also foreshadowed how it was difficult for Norman and his friends to escape later on in the said chapter.
- 23.5 - The scene where a young Isabella climbed over the orphanage's walls in the Grandmother's flashback could later be later seen in Chapter 37 again in Isabella's flashback.
- 23.6 - Mamas that are qualified to run one of the premium farms are those who are intelligent and physically strong enough to excel in the plantations' training and tests specified for female orphans. Therefore, Isabella, Being the youngest Mama to ever run one of the premium farms, has proven herself to be intelligent enough outsmart Krone and get rid of her.
- 23.7 - In Krone's flashback, the training for female orphans who chose to become caretakers for the plantations include trials like cross-stitching, Judo and learning of academic skills (specifically Biology, as shown on a textbook of Krone's).